Steaming allows you to add moisture to your hair promoting longer and healthy hair growth. When your hair does not receive any moisture and is dry it will become dull,brittle,and break. Hair steaming helps increase the flow of natural oils produced by your scalp. It also helps the oil used for your hot oil treatment to be more effective at lubricanting your hair cuticles and allow the ingredients to absorb faster.
- Soak a towel in water and wring it out so that the water is not dripping.
- Place the towel in microwave for 2 minutes or until very warm.
- Wrap the warm towel around head.
- Cover towel wrapped head with a shower cap or plastic bag big enough to hold steam.
- Sit under hooded or bonnet dryer or just use a hair dryer for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off shampoo and condition as usual.